|PITTSBURGH DISTRICT||DATE:||12/12/2014||NOTICE NUMBER: 712|
|ATTN: CELRP-DE - ROOM 2032
1000 LIBERTY AVENUE
PITTSBURGH PA 15222-4186
|LOCAL NUMBER: 14-12
WATERWAY: ALLEGHENY RIVER
EFFECTIVE: IMMEDIATELY thru UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE EST
|C.W. Bill Young L/D, Allegheny River, Mile 14.5
Missing Wall Armor
1. TO ALL WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: Notice is given that a 20-ft section of wall armor is missing on the landwall at C.W. Bill Young L/D, Allegheny River. This missing section is located on the land wall at the 125-ft mark of the lock chamber. There is currently no impacts to navigation.
2. Navigators are urged to use caution while traversing this area and make every effort not to rub against the landwall while locking through the chamber. This could result in adjacent sections being dislodged.
3. Commercial navigators shall use extreme caution while locking through the chamber. A flat edge exists on either side of the missing wall armor which can easily be hit causing damage to the wall armor or their vessel. In order to identify the missing section, both ends have been sprayed with highly visible orange spray paint.
4. Recreational vessels will NOT be moored adjacent to this area.
5. A revised Navigation Notice will be issued once the repairs have been made.
FOR THE DISTRICT ENGINEER:
Richard C. Lockwood
Chief, Operations Division