|NOTICE TO NAVIGATION INTERESTS|
|DETROIT DISTRICT||DATE:||04/12/2017||NOTICE NUMBER: 7489|
477 MICHIGAN AVENUE
DETROIT MI 48226-2575
|LOCAL NUMBER: L17-03
WATERWAY: ST. MARYS RIVER
EFFECTIVE: 03/25/2017 00:00 thru UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE EDT
|OPERATIONAL STATUS AND LOCK OPENINGS
ST. MARYS FALLS CANAL
1. The St. Marys Falls Canal, Sault Ste. Marie Michigan, was opened to navigation for the 2017 shipping season on 25 March 2017. The Poe Lock is operating twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven days per week.
2. The MacArthur Lock at the St. Marys Falls Canal, Sault Ste. Marie Michigan, will open for the 2017 shipping season at 0700 on 16 April 2017. The MacArthur Lock will operate twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven days per week.
3. Until ice is no longer an operational concern, vessels that normally transit the MacArthur Lock may be directed to the Poe Lock.
4. Reference CFR, Title 33, Part 207.440 (u).
5. Questions regarding this notice may be directed to our Operations Office. Our internet address is: http://www.lre.usace.army.mil/Missions/Operations.aspx
DAVID L. WRIGHT, P.E.